- Nowadays a Woman’s Gotta Hit a Man
- I Wanna Find a Woman That’ll Hold My Big Toe Till I Have To Go
- Hot Head
- Ashtray Heart
- Dirty Blue Gene
- The Smithsonian Institute Blues
- Sue Egypt
- Best Batch Yet
- Safe As Milk
- One Red Rose That I Mean
- China Pig
- Spitball Scalped the Baby / Hair Pie (Bake 2)
- Doctor Dark
- Bat Chain Puller
- My Human Gets Me Blues
- Sugar ‘N Spikes
- Sheriff of Hong Kong
- Kandy Korn
- Veteran’s Day Poppy
- Big Eyed Beans from Venus
- Hard Workin’ Man
- Light Reflected Off the Oceands of
Radar Station Overview
Recorded live at The Country Club, Reseda, California on 29th January, 1981 (apart from the last two tunes which are taken from rare singles).
An excellent quality recording probably from the soundboard? There was talk about this show having been recorded legitimately for a possible release … and it could also have been filmed!!
This is a US(?) bootleg with a deluxe colour cover featuring a Clear Spot period ‘top hat’ photo and Van Vliet drawing on the front, a late 70s promo shot of Don on the back, and has blue/white labels.
One of the better vinyl bootleg releases.
You can read a review for this show from the 27th February 1981 edition of ‘BAM’. The last two tunes are legitimately available on the Dust Blows Forward compilation.
- 198? US double vinyl on God’s Golfball Records DON-12981
If anyone is able to complete or update any of the information above, then please do get in touch.