- Hard Working Man (blue collar 7″ version)
- Moody Liz (strictly personal outtake)
- Odd Jobs (bat chain outtake)
- Mirror Man (drury lane 1974)
- Torture (bongo fury outtake)
- Little Scratch (outtake)
- Funeral Hill (outtake)
- Dirty Blue Gene (early version)
- Picture of Mahavishnu (live)
- Light Reflected (rare 12″)
- Evil (avalon ballroom 1966)
- Flash Gordon’s Ape (alternate vocal No. 1)
- Lick My Decals Off (instrumental version)
- Hard Working Man (obscene version)
Radar Station Overview
A great selection of Beefheart rarities, many of which are still pretty difficult to get hold of. The sound quality throughout is very good. Unfortunately the packaging is basic.
“It’s over a decade since the Captain last
entered a recording studio and if rumours of his ill health are
true, it’s unlikely he ever will again. He gave up music to live
in the Mojave dessert [sic] and indulge his first love, painting.
So, for those that miss that magnificent voice, here, as a taster of things to come, is a selection of rare, unissued and alternative studio and live cuts.
As the Captain said: if you got ears, you gotta listen.'”
- 1994 no label CBCD 313. Made in the EEC Luxembourg
If anyone is able to complete or update any of the information above, then please do get in touch.