Name: bill cook
Wednesday, January 31, 2001 8:36 PM

I’ve just aquired access to the net and am releived to know that I’m not the only fan of The Captain ( and have been for over 30 years ). I LOVE YOU ALL !.

Name: edward neil
Thursday, January 18, 2001 1:06 AM

I love this man and his music.

Name: Joseph Smith
Wednesday, January 17, 2001 8:05 PM

This site is the most comprehensive site i have seen on any artist. The makers are obviously big fans of Captain Beefheart as I am. Keep up the excellent work!

Name: Jimmy Carl Black (Indian Ink Consafo)
Tuesday, January 16, 2001 3:11 PM

Hi Don, How´s it going? I´m fine and still playing music. When I was on tour , in the states last year, I saw Vic Mortenson in Albq., N.M. It was good to see him and reminise about the old days with you and Zappa. If you ever want to look me up, I´ll leave my website and eMail address. You are still and always will be the best as far as I´m concerned. Your friend, JCB.

Name: Crazy Dave
Monday, January 15, 2001 11:13 PM

Just gotta say the captain rocks….hell that was rubbish. Ho hum. Nice site by the way.

Name: cmayco
Monday, January 15, 2001 9:16 PM

Happy birthday, Don!

Name: L.H.Brattstrom
Monday, January 15, 2001 1:48 PM

Congratulations / Happy Birthday!!!

Name: Slam Buckra
Monday, January 15, 2001 8:26 AM

Happy 60th to Don. May the pinecones whistle clear from behind a raven’s feather.

Name: Jesus Quintero
Sunday, January 14, 2001 7:39 PM

Happy birthday, Captain!!!! Thanks for to be. The music on this planet will be boring if you don’t etc.etc. God (Fast and Bulbous) bless you

Name: paco rumblefish
Friday, January 12, 2001 8:16 PM

nice place here.

Name: Mott the Hoople
Sunday, January 07, 2001 10:26 PM

Its nice to know I’m not alone in believing in Don

Name: Dr. Christos Geidatzis
Sunday, January 07, 2001 9:19 PM

not mutch to say; still that I love the music you made.

Name: The Sound of Exploding People
Sunday, December 31, 2000 2:54 PM

Mmm, your site is like a carrot balloon flown by windy hairdressers on Tuesday, sculpted ice and marble tokens from a noir regime of terror. Love it!

Name: Andreas Feurer
Tuesday, December 26, 2000 8:07 PM

God bless you Don. You are one of the best. Thank you for TMR album.

Name: Daniel
Wednesday, December 20, 2000 10:03 AM

Merry X-mas to all the beefhearters out there! may you have a bulbous, white, joyful, merrymerrymerryly christmas with the captain! this site is great!

Name: Roman Funpie2
Wednesday, December 20, 2000 1:21 AM

Woe is a me bop ohm drop a me bop ohm……. Thank you Captain!! Thanks for the work on this website.. Historicaly one way to clear a room at a party at my house was to play the Captain.. But there would always be one or two people staying behind loving the music. Its nice to know there are more than one or two of you out there!!!!

Name: Bilge Languish
Monday, December 18, 2000 10:08 PM

The Cap’n is best when chest deep in fish for me,or, walking my chick- en around the Harbor as the cars pass two hundred feet overhead.Thanks for years and years of dense textures and old black mens’ exhales!

Name: jesse early
Thursday, December 14, 2000 6:05 PM

I would like to know if Captain Beefheart is a lefty or a righty

Name: george rankine
Sunday, December 10, 2000 2:45 PM

how is the old fart at present havent heard him mentioned in years

Name: Andrew Miller
Sunday, December 10, 2000 12:47 PM

It’s a musak scorched world. You saved my sanity so many times now I’m sure the whole world is nuts. Effluvious outpourings of shameless thanks. Andy.

Name: bruce grime
Thursday, December 07, 2000 8:14 PM

C.B. what a man. I’ve even got Erika grooving to Beatle Bones and Smokin’ Stones and she’s Slovakian

Name: Greg The 1st
Wednesday, December 06, 2000 10:30 AM

To Garf, Im gonna kill you for using my name!!! Im gonna lick your anus

Name: marley298
Sunday, December 03, 2000 2:24 AM

captain beefheart is a small piece of brilliance and insight, and this cite displays that power to its fullest. tres bien

Name: def/dj/des
Wednesday, November 29, 2000 10:29 AM

I will play “too much time” friday night.

Name: gooseyfool
Thursday, November 23, 2000 7:55 PM

Beefheart eh? Say “WOOF WOOF” to him from I and I. You old royster doyster.

Name: Gabe
Wednesday, November 22, 2000 4:24 AM

I was turned on to the Captain early in life while going through my Dad’s old LP’s. Changed my life. I carry a bit of the Captain with me all the time. Thanks.

Name: Sgt. Bilko
Friday, November 17, 2000 12:01 PM

the camel wore a nightie what else is there to say frank’s good but beefheart is the “Man”

Name: Outrage
Sunday, November 12, 2000 1:00 AM

What in tarnation? You better update your lilly can site or I’m gonna open a can of dogs on your momma you hick

Name: Red Rockethood (you will know me soon)
Friday, November 10, 2000 1:27 PM

This boy know all the steps to the dance of my heart There is passion and its no joke you could choke on something as strong When I was walking down sunny and main boy came up said in japanes a saying that the locals often used (i knew because his tongue was worn) Gave me a capsule of music beutiful like rainbow worms all over

Name: toomuchfreetimestudios
Wednesday, November 08, 2000 6:25 PM

“Just wait ’till we get ta’ Las Vegas…”.

Name: Dennis Neal
Monday, November 06, 2000 7:07 AM

Remembering 1971 and art school at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia…Glenn K. Jones turned me on to the Captain and I’m still on the voyage…his music art and poetry are a blue billion miles.

Name: Gavin Robinson
Sunday, November 05, 2000 5:47 PM

Excellent site, and lots of interesting stuff. Beefheart is a genius.

Name: Tony Pendrey
Sunday, November 05, 2000 1:29 AM

A really comprehensive site. Thanks. A recent TV advert for beer in the UK subliminally included the phrase “Fast and bulbous”. The Captain and his Magic Band live on!

Name: Ralf.
Friday, November 03, 2000 2:40 PM

I love your music and painting sooo Much. until ever.

Name: O. Terje Mabuse
Thursday, November 02, 2000 4:43 PM

Only one Captain !! Regards !!

Name: SLAM BUCKRA
Thursday, November 02, 2000 10:31 AM

Things are lookin’ poke n’ meaty `round here! Very nice. Don makes the insects grin and the clouds appear as lambs & teeth! Perfect aural shower of star leaves and cosmic gigglin’ raindrops! Click and sneak by fer a “Howdy Doo”!

Name: weazer
Saturday, October 28, 2000 6:39 AM

I siad it in 1972 and I’ll say it again in 2000. “Thanks Don”.

Name: 23 Skiddoo
Friday, October 27, 2000 8:50 AM

Please have a look at these tracks, we are an independent band with big ambitions. :)

Name: Eric Jung
Wednesday, October 25, 2000 5:58 PM

Beefheart:Zappa // Plato:Aristotle // Augustine:Aquinas // Lobachevsky:Euclid // pudding:rock candy.

Name: Howard Holmes
Monday, October 23, 2000 10:02 PM

Been captivated with DvV’s creativity since 15 and have made frequent returns to this site which does such thorough justice to Don’s raw genius.

Name: Bob
Saturday, October 21, 2000 9:31 PM

What a brilliant site

Name: Dr John H.
Sunday, October 08, 2000 9:43 PM

My 10 yr old son mimed Blabber n’ Smoke in a recent game of Charades! My kids keep on telling me to turn the volume of C.Bs music down.

Name: Mike SoRelle
Friday, October 06, 2000 9:00 AM

I have just recently discovered Captain Beefheart and must say I Recognize greatness when I see it! my question to the more experience is an interesting one. I learned of the Captain from a song by Frank Black off his pistolero CD named “unsomnabulous” the Lyrics go “He was a Don and as well a Captain” A little research led me to Don Van Vilet and consequently this site. My question is this…what is the song reffering to? I mean I understand it is about sleep deprevation, but was there an episode in Captain Beefheart’s life where he experience some drastic effects due to insomnia?

Name: alan cogan
Thursday, October 05, 2000 2:55 PM

what the hell is he doing now