Name: Tony Sullivan
Tuesday, September 26, 2000 8:53 PM

Most excellent site. Postman’s groovy. I’m nearly 50 now. Some freak lent me Safe as Milk around Christmas ’68 and that was it. Life enriched ever since. Love the good Captain. Hope against hope he is or gets well. As DJ TF Much plugged his music incessantly. I really apreciate you people who run this site. Thanks. Any UK surfers out there remember me? You know the one with the Coffin. If so get in touch. Love ya, and may Don & Jan be happy.

Name: The Psychedelic Gloom
Monday, September 25, 2000 10:27 AM

I saw a fast & bulbous sardine. Oddly achromatic; seriously & almost incredibly sardinopsicalitudinous. Oh, it was flying over rainbowesque phaenomenal meteoric. & dismal sunshine followed the sapphire morning hue.

Name: Michael Gohdes
Friday, September 22, 2000 7:56 PM

Hi! This site is great! At the moment I heard the Mirror Man (at the age of 15), I loved this sort of music. Now I’m 39 and still nobody around me likes the music of CB, I just hear him in my car… (LOUD). Greetings from Germany to all CB-Fans!!!

Name: safeasmilk
Friday, September 22, 2000 12:17 PM

further up the totem pole

Name: Paulo Dias
Friday, September 22, 2000 9:53 AM

I like very much of the Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band. Site wonderfull, incredible, perfect!!!!

Name: Brett Lowden
Tuesday, September 19, 2000 10:12 PM

I really like your site. I love Don’s music, and am real glad so many others share my feeling. Don has been a big influence on me, and I wish him all the best.

Name: Pooby
Tuesday, September 19, 2000 7:33 PM

I’ve got too much time to not say how happy I am that so many people are appreciating the Captain. This website is great, and tho I have only a 486 it’s great fun to dust off my dubs of THE SHINY BEAST and DOC AT THE RADAR STATION, put on the headphones and follow along to the lyrics posted.

Name: Denis Popov
Friday, September 15, 2000 5:28 PM

hello to all captain fans from Denis in Omsk. I love Beefheart very much!!!

Name: Tripnotic@LDR
Tuesday, September 12, 2000 1:04 AM

Captain Beefheart, Autechre, lots of cool stuff here. If you like what you see on ths page, then I guess you should check out http://www.mp3.com/tripnotic

Name: Ace Shattock
Monday, September 11, 2000 1:56 AM

Hi! Great site. *blatant advertising* Please come see my efforts, 23 Skiddoo is a working title, but its an experimental band trying to get off its feet. :) *end blatant advertising*

Name: Vic Lewis
Thursday, September 07, 2000 1:18 PM

slinky majinky im a tinned teardrop

Name: Gavin Ross
Wednesday, September 06, 2000 10:30 AM

Now here she comes walking looking like uhh zoo High Ella Hi Ella Guru

Name: mark
Tuesday, September 05, 2000 3:27 PM

sad to hear about your bandwidth problems – wish I could help! you have provided such a brilliant service; so THANK YOU!

Name: Gunther Wagner
Sunday, September 03, 2000 7:06 PM

I wasn´t expecting to find more than a little info about C.B. in the web. I´m really happy to find that much! Thank all the people, who make this possible!

Name: Paul Davies
Friday, September 01, 2000 10:18 PM

OK so you all think Bluejeans is the album you can do without. Well there has to be one looney out there who loves it. This for me is by miles the best of most totally classic unmissable Beefheart album. I’m sorry but “Further than we’ve gone” tears me to pieces. Observatory Crest is just all there – I mean it hits the spot. Pompadour Swamp holds the atmosphere and the interplay on Bluejeans is beautiful. Party and Rock and Roll’s Evil Doll are just classic Beefheart. Ok Captains Holiday and Twish AH Luck are weak but what do you Beefheart fans want – perfection? Definately in my top ten albums of all time so suck on that

Name: Barry
Saturday, August 19, 2000 10:17 AM

Actually I was on this site just to rip some tablatures, but I visited more pages than I was intended to. This is a good-looking site, and for a beefheart fan it’s a paradise. If there are some other music-fans out there who got more tablatures of this beefheart-man, you certainly can mail them to me. Praise the Lord I am a Hot Head!

Name: Juan Gabriel
Thursday, August 17, 2000 2:21 AM

been looking for capt records, miss my trout mask replica, lick my dec, strictly pers., and the many others, I wish i could have a last taste of a seed on my mind but times change so fast and it make me nervous I mean, afraid. I remember the sweet smell of fish on that neal pond ohh loose it. She´s too much for my mirror. Love.

Name: shnickle2000@aol.com
Tuesday, August 15, 2000 7:26 PM

I can’t find any one in the chat room!!Where is everyone??

Name: pops
Friday, August 11, 2000 7:36 AM

hmmm, is this another Hollywood drive in?

Name: stewart j. slowley
Thursday, August 10, 2000 4:39 AM

sheer unmitigated genius, baby

Name: john knight
Wednesday, August 09, 2000 10:50 PM

i have long been an admirer ne an obsessevive with reagards to beefhearts music. i have increasingly admired his art, and have over the years come to appreciate his undoubted talent. I am not in a position to attend exhibitions (i live in the UK and hate cities), and i cannot afford original paintings. WHERE CAN I BUY PRINTS PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEE!

Name: Peter
Thursday, July 27, 2000 5:06 PM

Well; I’m short on words..allmost sobbing,now(sentimental old fart that I am). Grrrreat work! Don (the King) would have mild, but definite appreciation. I’m curious what trivia I don’t know I’m gonna find here. Keep the Paint running

Name: Lou Fazio
Thursday, July 27, 2000 1:55 AM

Marvelous website!!! thanks aplenty to all involved. the Captain’s unique music and artistry are timeless and powerful. Peace to him and all who surf here.

Name: John Mansbridge
Tuesday, July 18, 2000 2:43 AM

Always loved that new way to see, ever since Middle Earth in the Summer of Love. Glad to see you here. See you there!

Name: Allan Harkins
Sunday, July 16, 2000 7:42 PM

Beefy is the best. Check out the remastered Trout Mask Replica C.D.when it is released end of theis month. I remember listening to the vinyl for the first time in STEREO way back what a revelation. Long may Beefy’s music be reconised…forget the Lennon rubbish….stay away from the boy and girl bands who have’nt an original note between them and stick with a true master….Captain Beefheart is the best..but then I am rendering a bias opinion..or am I????? Other Beefy fans give me an E.Mail

Name: mrs fashion stool and his pink panzers
Sunday, July 16, 2000 10:58 AM

shmaptain beefheart forever. A+. this site is fanshmastic but it needs to be prettier like my site. frost’n bullbare

Name: LARM
Thursday, July 06, 2000 12:37 PM

I would like to thank you for making an awesome website on the king of rancid ear candy. I’ve never found anything more -infomational- on Beefheart. Keep up the good work. And remember…poetry useful leaves its own skeleton hanging in the wind…

Name: chris marshall
Thursday, July 06, 2000 11:29 AM

this site excites my synapses and shakes my spinichordus. it almost makes it seem ok that there will be no new boulbous stuff. keep a searchin’ for more rareness and beauty xxx

Name: phil
Thursday, July 06, 2000 6:49 AM

fantastic site, big fan of beefheart.

Name: Kevin Main
Monday, July 03, 2000 11:15 PM

The Radar Station is a Shiny Beast among websites. I thought the Beefheart fan was a rare and endangered species. Quite enlightening to see he has a following all over the world. Great work!

Name: Marcus
Monday, July 03, 2000 9:59 PM

A great teenage record player

Name: Scott Zimmerman
Saturday, July 01, 2000 4:21 PM

A painting called “The Copper Diver” is good to look at. There’s a figure setting, resting as if diving deep into suntan sea for pennie’s metal. It looked startling at first then restful. What an accomplishment! My grandparents had a copper kettle by the fire for wood and it oxidized tremendously. This painting so reminded me of that. You could describe this picture, without exageration, as beautiful. I saw it in a gallery program. I think it could be printed in school books so people all over could see it. Thank you.

Name: Ewan
Thursday, June 29, 2000 9:11 PM

Does Captain Beefheart signify the last man who was able to make music an art form?

Name: RORY KEELAN
Wednesday, June 28, 2000 10:35 PM

The decisions one makes determines the person one is.

Name: =b
Wednesday, June 28, 2000 10:25 PM

Excellent work – I maintain a site with similar goals dedicated to Robyn Hitchcock, who does a Beefheart tune from time to time and has gigged with Moris Tepper.

Name: Nick Ahles
Monday, June 26, 2000 1:43 AM

What can I say, sadly I’m too young to have ever had a chance too see him live (boy am I sad) but he was allways an influence in my life as long as I can remember, even though the first time I actually got up the courage to listen to him was 2 years ago. The captain is really the only true musician in existance, yet he should never be popular, that ruins everything. This site is the best.

Name: Noah Agruss
Sunday, June 25, 2000 6:05 PM

“There’s ol’grey with the dove-winged hat”–I can’t beleive how long some of these phrases have stuck with me. A couple of weeks ago, I did a session with John Thomas, not knowing he was a keyboardist with Beefheart during the Shiny Beast period, and I don’t know how it came up in conversation. I just know that when it did, the evocative, vivid “Trout Mask” words played us as we simultaneously spouted them, as much as we remembered, still marvelling at the strength of Van Vliet’s art.

Name: Frank Florio
Sunday, June 25, 2000 4:20 AM

Awesome!!! Long live the “Beef!” More music please, although your art rocks!!!

Name: Stef Vanstiphout
Saturday, June 24, 2000 2:37 AM

Love those Creative Madmen

Name: The Stinkin’ Pieman
Sunday, June 18, 2000 10:29 PM

Brick Bats fucked my ears and nostrils!

Name: Håkon Busterud
Saturday, June 17, 2000 9:34 PM

I’m one of Norway’s largest record collectors. In the field of Captain Beefheart and also Frank Zappa, I may be one of the wordl’s largest collectors. I did dicover the Radar Station about a year ago and I was absolutely amazed or even stunned over the amount of useful information on your site. Many thanks for doing this good effort for the Captain. I hope you will be there for the future also. Regards H.B.

Name: Tim(SUNDOG)Corcoran
Thursday, June 15, 2000 7:15 PM

Wonderful web site! Lots of good stuff. Keep it Live!

Name: Mopezone
Sunday, June 11, 2000 3:04 AM

This has to be one of the best, maybe even THE best, band sites on the net! Keep it up, guys, and set the standard for the rest!

Name: John McLaughlin
Saturday, June 10, 2000 9:52 AM

Looking forward to the book-its already ordered! Waiting to hear more about this ‘Live1980’? sounds familiar! Great Webpage, its top of my favorites list!

Name: Pammi
Monday, June 05, 2000 3:29 AM

Hi, just wanted to comment and thank you for such a nice website. There is so much info I could spend a long long time here! :) I’ve linked your page to my Mega 60’s Band Website. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this site. Captain Beefheart is the BESTESTS! Love, Peace, and God Bless!