Name: Mark & Doug
Monday, May 29, 2000 12:52 PM

Nice one.

Name: jason wagoner
Saturday, May 27, 2000 11:49 PM

best of the captain i can find

Name: Andy Walker
Saturday, May 27, 2000 10:20 AM

Beefheart is god. ‘Trout Mask Replica’ has now sunk in, after fifty-odd plays. I’m waiting for my parents to go out before I play it again

Name: Nils Johnsen
Saturday, May 27, 2000 1:46 AM

Trout Mask Replica! – Without it, I would have been å duller person. I even tried to translate the lyrics!

Name: bill hirst
Monday, May 15, 2000 4:34 AM

dreamed c.b. was performing at place i later helped put together out of bluestone.also big swimming-pool, spinning frontpage silver toy cowboy gun in holster dream. whatdoesthismean!

Name: Dr.Dark
Saturday, May 13, 2000 11:50 PM

You don`t use us like ashtray hearts – that`s one of the good things about this site.

Name: Jamie
Saturday, May 13, 2000 8:25 PM

Moonlight on vermont is such a brilliant song i jump up and down with joy when i listen to it after School. i have 7 beefheart albums and i can’t go through all the shit days without listening to such beauties.

Name: angela
Wednesday, May 10, 2000 11:51 PM

Your nephew Richard sent me here. LOL. have a good one.

Name: KERRY SIROIS
Sunday, May 07, 2000 6:24 PM

I just docked at thr Radar Station for the first time, I saw The Captain live in 1972 (lick me) it was better than great, I dragged my friends to see it, they hated Beefheart until they saw him live, they were mezmerized as was the whole of the audience, I’ll never forget Beefheart walking out of the darkness with something in his hand, it started spraying sparks, then, spoke the Captain, “This is my ray gun, my Ronald Raygun!” then the music started, and it was magic!

Name: Paul Burt.. aka. “THE EMBER-MAN..
Saturday, May 06, 2000 3:56 AM

How Great to find this amazing Website, on a Bloke who as far as I’m concerned is one of the Most Influential voices ever heard in the Musical field. He ranks- Must be a “FIELD-MARSHAL” at least… A great memory of mine was, a friend of mine was Chauffeur-come Gopher to a Man called Edward James, who whilst alive was reckoned to have the largest Surrealist Art-Collection in the World. Anyway, one weekend he had informed me that the Old-Boy would be away in London for the week-end, consequently, my Pal would have his wonderful mansion to himself all week-end. He invited me on over. When I reached the huge gates of the spacious grounds, he spoke to me over the intercom and opened the gates. What happened next was Amazing. As I drove down the two mile road through the woods suddenly at enormous volume- it sounded as if the whole World was vibrating to….”ELETRICITY” WOW !!!!! I was later shown the sound-system, which encompassed every room in the house and speakers throughout the countless acres of w oodland. But, as you can imagine whatever other sound he had put on….it was the only one for-full-fusion!!!! The CAPTAIN still has his Ever-Loyal-Crew here in England… AS Dem say in ol’ Jamaica He is a MIGHTY- MAN.

Name: granbaby
Friday, April 28, 2000 3:14 AM

HEY CAPT!!! I was delighted to find this site, 1969 was a great year I wanted to leave tubes name here tonight,, he died last year man, he was the consumate Beefheart devotee, 1969 he said you hung the moon for the whole music world to enjoy !!! tonight I remember a great friend his name was Mike Garrison aka tube. truly one of your first fans brother. 1969 was a very good year.

Name: Wiebe Klooster
Thursday, April 27, 2000 9:15 PM

This is a far out site!Never read so much about Beefheart.Thanks very much!

Name: Fragment
Monday, April 24, 2000 2:08 AM

dialetic human skull readings from the mouth of a modern drued….no more sense than in non sense….less than half…more than a option…to the past,and into the future…

Name: Tony Williams
Sunday, April 23, 2000 5:12 PM

Absolutely brilliant

Name: Jak Jackson
Saturday, April 22, 2000 6:34 PM

Thank You For The Best MP3 Site On The Web, and for keeping the Doc’s flag flying.

Name: Daniel Mc Bride
Friday, April 21, 2000 6:31 PM

The captain’s music is really hard to get used to. Fortunately I had the opportunity to see him with Frank Zappa on several occasiions which helped a lot. There was a bomb threat at the Arrmadillo in Austin and as we all stood outside waiting for the hall to be checked I stood with the captain and the guys with me talked to him for a while and shared some beverage. Upon reentering the show the first thing they played was Man With The Woman Head. That did it. I was hooked. He is a great American poet and deserves praise. All the poetry and lyrics on this page are noteworthy. Enjoy!

Name: Darryl
Friday, April 21, 2000 2:29 PM

Excellent site. I just bought “Dust Blows Forward” awhile ago; loved it. First time I actually HEARD his music. I’ve been reading about Cap for years but his stuff was hard to find. I had Zappa’s “Hot Rats” years ago; loved ‘Willie The Pimp’. Although I haven’t heard an entire Beefheart release yet, I’m guessing my fave is gonna be “Lick My Decals…”

Name: justice
Sunday, April 16, 2000 10:57 PM

I’ve been listening to you guys for a while. you are one of my favorite artists. You guys really move me!!!! I’m doing a research paper of your influences in the 60’s, and i was wondering if you could give me some info on your life in the 60’s, or maybe direct me towards a source that would give me that type of information. Thanks you groovy hot mama of a studded hotdog. p.s. you should come and play at our university……

Name: charlie
Sunday, April 16, 2000 4:13 AM

electricity comes from another planet.The captain will help us grow fins and go back to the water again

Name: andrew hare
Saturday, April 15, 2000 7:03 PM

MY SMILE IS STUCK I CANNOT GO BACK

Name: Michael Cole
Saturday, April 15, 2000 8:42 AM

Thanks for Mirror Man,Trout,safe,shiny,Bongo Fury!,etc,etc,especially the greatest live show at Trenton War Memorial including Capt.B & band..frank Z & mothers & Beefheart w/ Mothers for hot rats &Bongo fury set.Im sure glad I died & went to heaven back then

Name: alternity
Thursday, April 13, 2000 10:15 PM

this site is best batch yet. I have been into Dons music for years. I have a friend that used to have several Video Tapes of Dons shows. thats all I had to say. pece out

Name: Weezie
Wednesday, April 12, 2000 6:37 AM

Hey, Capt. Beef I’M a new fan and I have not been able to experience all your glory but I’M on the way. I have a good friend,MGC who is getting me going. I have enjoyed surfing the site and look forward to more. I’ll keep you posted!

Name: Misti
Tuesday, April 11, 2000 10:41 PM

I read in a magazine a few years back that Kurt Cobain thought “Trout Mask Replica” was the best album to have sex to. So I’m curious.

Name: Gordon Reid
Tuesday, April 11, 2000 7:19 PM

Wonderful site, left me almost speechless

Name: Simon Fox
Sunday, April 09, 2000 7:40 PM

This is the finest and most complete music site I have found on the net. Nor could there be a more deserving subject. I most definitely agree with you on Shiny Beast. It’s my favourite of his works. Also, Is the Pete Meaden mentioned in the Beefheart immigration problem page the same Pete Meaden that the High Numbers aka The Who wrote ther first single ‘I’m the face’ about?

Name: David Dowling
Sunday, April 09, 2000 5:20 PM

Beefheart site is pure electricity.

Name: David Dowling
Sunday, April 09, 2000 5:11 PM

The best web site I have ever seen.

Name: Rainer Mutzberg (a.k.a.Rene de Strasbour
Sunday, April 09, 2000 9:46 AM

I must have signed in before,I guess…but anyways : Just received that book written by Bill Harkleroad (“Lunar Nootes”) and I think it’s quite amazing.In the end,i believe that he has reconciled himself in some ways with the Captain,although that shouldn’t have been all that easy to accomplish.Well,suffice to say that he still emphasizes his respect for the towering artist Don van Vliet certainly is,and in so many imaginable respects.

Name: Chris Flynn
Friday, March 31, 2000 3:21 PM

Wow, this site is indeed rapid and bulb-shaped, I cant get enough of it. Thanks Don for helping me give my music and poetry substance. I try my best to follow your ten steps to guitar playing.(you couldnt scrape the solid sweat off of my guitar with a knife.) Great page guys.

Name: Rainer Kräker
Monday, March 27, 2000 6:44 PM

Absolutely great page ! I dig the Captain very much and I was and I am totally into the great reissue of the mirror man sessions. Fuck the other so called white blues artists, we know this is the real thing. Fantastic

Name: Chris Bell
Friday, March 24, 2000 12:26 PM

Moved to write this by discovering ‘Grow Fins: Rarities 1965-82’ (boxed set) and ‘The Dust Blows Forward’… although it’s not as simple as that. See, I was drifting off to sleep listening to classical music on New Zealand’s Concert FM radio station, when this amazing one-hour special on Beefheart started up … I couldn’t believe it. It included some funny ‘banter’ in the studio with Zappa around the recording of Trout Mask, as well as a strangely poppy track produced by that guy who worked with the Allmanns and Van Morrison. Lots of gems, mostly from one of the above-mentioned releases. Anyway, at the end of the show, the classical dj came back on sounding as though someone had ruffled his hair up, pulled his shirt-tails out and strangled him with his tie, and said, in a voice of consternation and dread: “Captain Beefheart there, with ‘Orange Claw Hammer’… Er, I think it’s time we had something soothing now, don’t you…?” It’s a great Website and you doin a beautiful thing.

Name: Dr. Rex Hyatus III
Thursday, March 23, 2000 1:10 AM

There’s no music better to do everything to as the mighty Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band. Since 11th grade I’ve known who is the master. Like the little girls say down the street, “I’d rather lose my cherry to Captain, Captain than to the Pope.” Rock on Don! Yur beta than SHEEETT!

Name: Dave Dominey
Wednesday, March 22, 2000 11:36 PM

Oooh Donny Donny, Oooh donny Donny, Donny Donny oooooooooooooohhhhhhh every time I listen it just gets better, what a guy

Name: Wayne Scott
Wednesday, March 22, 2000 5:16 AM

Just pulled in, but this is obviously home. Thirty-two years ago, I picked up Strictly Personal on Zappa’s recommendation. Since then, Don’s work has taught me more about drawing, writing and singing, than any other single artist has, in even one of these disciplines. His influence (borderline plagerism?) on my own work is immediately obvious to the initiated. Indeed, life in general seems a much more ‘bulbous’ experience just for knowing that the Captain exists. Keep your eye on the Ball, y’all.

Name: Anni Paisley
Monday, March 20, 2000 1:40 AM

This site rocks like a rattle snake on the edge!I recently saw a beautiful black”n”white film on the captian that voice is deeper than the wind.Thank you for helping to keep it alive.

Name: alastair brodie
Sunday, March 19, 2000 10:18 PM

captain beefheart at bickershaw festival in 1972 is and probably will always be the best gig i ever saw. absolutely totally mesmeric. thanks.

Name: Chris Flynn
Sunday, March 19, 2000 12:35 PM

where i come from 16 yaer old males find it har to realate to media, parents, school, work and sports. I thank Don Van Vliet for giving me the feeling of being a part of some thing. Cheers Don. Love the site guys.

Name: Stoneage Romeos
Saturday, March 18, 2000 6:45 AM

We were zig-zag wandering the internet when we stumbled across this terrific site.

Name: ian mclaren
Saturday, March 18, 2000 4:07 AM

been listening to your music since i was twelve back in the early seventies i wish you were still performing regards a fan

Name: harry r. smith
Sunday, March 12, 2000 6:54 PM

“bulbous also taper” this man and his band has made a movement in music that not only is visual in his lyrics it also has a toe tapping capilbility i have yet since heard.

Name: darkmagus
Sunday, March 05, 2000 11:42 PM

The Radar Station is one of the best music & art sites on the web.It pays tribute to one of theleading men in 20th century music, the ever-ruling Capain Beefheart. Keep up the good work!

Name: Kees Beerens
Thursday, March 02, 2000 10:47 PM

The work of van Vliet always touches me in the heart. I just got connected to the internet and was very pleased with all this new and beautiful material on this side. Me and my Beeffheartfriends are enjoying the music, pictures and story’s very much. In the past weeks I’m visitting this side every week. Every little bit more of new Beefheartmaterial is a highlight in the week!! Thank you very much for this beautiful side on the internet.

Name: Stephen Pratt
Tuesday, February 29, 2000 11:26 PM

Appreciate your music and art.

Name: rcwalz
Monday, February 28, 2000 8:08 AM

Jeez, thank you! Beautiful… But I hope this don’t mean Don’s gonna git popular and such like Frank & Ry! 35yrs too late? God bless you Don, you old card!

Name: Randy Tapp
Sunday, February 27, 2000 7:17 AM

Captain who??? Seriously, oh for the good ol’ days of mysterious music and mysterious performers…Thanks for the memories!

Name: bob luetmer
Wednesday, February 23, 2000 5:16 PM

Our music has been reviewed as having Zappa and Beefheart influences which is strange since I never listened to them much (until now). There is obviously some cosmic influence here.

Name: Juuso
Tuesday, February 22, 2000 5:15 PM

This website is fantastic! I became a C.B. freak about three years ago. I have seven C.B. records and I listen them every day. My big brother thinks that I´m weird because I listen to Captain Beefheart. The best C.B song is Metalman Has Won His Wings (which is in “mystery Disc” by Frank Zappa). It has very groovy athmosphere and the singing and uttering by C.B is so fine! Well, I must go now. Bye, Bye!

Name: apesma
Sunday, February 20, 2000 12:30 PM

Beef, long may you and this god of sites reign supreme! Is there anyway you know of to get hold of Apesma on mp3, or unconditionally guaranteed? Love it!

Name: RFN
Tuesday, February 15, 2000 7:40 PM

nice time

Name: Clinton Morgan
Sunday, February 13, 2000 7:12 PM

On Friday 4th February 2000, after having a new carpet fitted into my bedroom, I was tidying my books etc. away to the album ‘Doc at The Radar Station’. Who was to come in and help, but Caleb my two year old nephew (my brother David’s son). He was very helpful and seemed to enjoy the music. He even had a go at singing along to ‘Sue Egypt’. Caleb also liked The Bonzo Dog Band but couldn’t get into Frank Zappa, but then again I played Jazz From Hell when he probably preferred One Size Fits All. Caleb also likes Blue Jeans and Moonbeams and so do I, so fuck those who slate Don’s commercial records.

Name: Frunob1
Thursday, February 10, 2000 5:15 PM

I was at the Harpo’s show on December 11,1980 and thought it was great. The one and only time I saw Captain Beefheart live. I understand there is a live recording of that show. I would be interested in getting a copy if available. Also in regards to the opening act, Art in America, Chris, Dan and Shishonee were all related.

Name: Dr.Bizarro (alien language hat worn towa
Thursday, February 10, 2000 3:59 AM

I am signing this book because it makes me part of the reason it exists.

Name: rainrien@yahoo.com
Monday, February 07, 2000 7:04 AM

1973 Lester Bangs sees Van Vliet through a haze darkly…an advertizemint is worth a thousand throat lozengez…2000 time for BeefWeb! Yawn the reveal-later revisits Son House and rereads the letter gimme dat Harp hoy hoy

Name: boring bob
Sunday, February 06, 2000 9:05 PM

the captain was always 30 years ahead of his time- now he stands on the brink of claiming his rightful status – legend, genius and sage.

Name: Alan Beaudot
Thursday, February 03, 2000 5:03 PM

I love the captain and his band. The most powerful and creative music around. I put it up there with the Simpsons.

Name: Daniel Forslin
Wednesday, February 02, 2000 8:49 PM

One of the biggest influences in my music and poetry. There is no one like him. Nor will there ever be.

Name: Marco Amarelli
Wednesday, February 02, 2000 2:21 PM

Onore al genio Beefheart e al suo successore Tom Waits!

Name: The DJ formerly known as Lenny
Tuesday, February 01, 2000 11:15 PM

Why (how) did this take so long to excite my senses? Laughed at SNL twenty yrs ago. 1010 artists later to realize the brilliance.