Name: Jesús Quintero
Tuesday, September 29, 1998 7:28 PM

Great and lovely page. If you are not Beefheart you must be his son. Thanks for this labour!

Name: Peter Charlton/Spotlight Kid ’72
Monday, September 28, 1998 10:28 PM

Feet of dust under trees of rust.

Name: David Naughton
Tuesday, September 22, 1998 8:29 PM

Best site on the web! Essential lunacy.

Name: Robert Harkleroad
Tuesday, September 22, 1998 5:13 AM

My e-mail address changed so I’m posting again. No big deal. Great job Graham. I love it to death.

Name: Keith Maddox
Sunday, September 20, 1998 11:41 PM

Captain Beefheart is one of the greatest geniuses in Rock and Roll. Trout Mask Replica is one of the true masterpieces of the latter 20th Century!

Name: Fat Chicken
Saturday, September 05, 1998 4:23 PM

Great site…. our leader has placed a link to your planet from our planet please leave a message for us.. be abusive

Name: Borin Van Loon
Tuesday, June 30, 1998 1:01 PM

2 years ago I was writing and illustrating for Sun Zoom Spark and Steal Softly Thru Snow mags. How times change…

Name: Mickey
Tuesday, June 30, 1998 6:05 AM

A beautiful site to someone who truly deserves it! Brilliant job, Graham! Keep it up!

Name: Steve Ashworth
Sunday, June 28, 1998 3:55 AM

A superb site – jumped for joy when able to find the mp3 alternate take of Big Joan- My favourite song EVER .

Name: Robert Harkleroad
Saturday, June 27, 1998 4:56 PM

A great romp through the twist and turns of the creative process …I give it two thumbs up!!!

Name: Bill Dougan
Friday, June 26, 1998 9:57 PM

This is a terrific site – congratulations! I, too, had my life changed (for the better) when I saw Beefheart and the Magic Band in about 1969-1970 in Pasadena, California, at a 99 cent concert promoted by a local radio station. Ry Cooder opened the show, followed by Little Feat (one of their first gigs), and then climaxed by the Magic Band. Don was in fine form, Howlin’ Wolf vocals and wild sax and harmonica outtakes. And I mean the band COOKED…a lot of the audience couldn’t quite grasp what they were about, but the next day I bought Trout Mask Replica (still have the original LP’s) and my life ain’t been the same since…When I get lonesome the wind begin t’ moan Fallin’ ditch ain’t gonna get my bones.

Name: Roger Dowd
Friday, June 26, 1998 11:19 AM

The Magic Band defined great music for me. I’ve been a fan since ’68. In twenty years I’ve rarely met anyone who had a clue about what geniuses Beefheart and his musicians were. The web has been great because it’s put me in touch with people who feel the way I do. Sites like this one and Justin Sherill’s classic make me feel at home. You know what I mean. When you’re asked for the zillionth time how can you listen to that stuff, you get tired of answering how can you not listen?. To most people, the music is moon to a flea. I saw the band in Staten Island just before the release of Clear Spot. Rockette Morton’s solo intro was ferocious. He played, I don’t know how long, before the Captain walked onstage very non-chalantly, screwed his horn together, and ripped into a howling rendition of (?) Hair Pie (?). It was a great night.

Name: Cliff Martinez
Sunday, June 21, 1998 2:46 AM

Great job! I would love to see a section devoted to Magic Band photos.

Name: Chris Shakes
Thursday, June 18, 1998 6:51 PM

What a superb site – a real treasure for long time fans like me. Congratulations

Name: Chris Hutchison
Thursday, June 18, 1998 12:02 PM

This is a brilliant site! We’ve been Beefheart fans since 1968 and think this is a great tribute to the greatest musical genius to emerge from the 60s.

Name: Anthony G
Wednesday, June 17, 1998 9:22 PM

Hey, thanks for this fantastic Beefheart website. It’s the best I’ve ever seen; not only does it include all the major facts, but it’s filled with everything a fan needs! Thanks! Anthony

Name: John Lennart Forth
Saturday, June 13, 1998 1:58 PM

Where have you been all of my life ?

Name: Ian Payne
Friday, June 12, 1998 12:01 PM

Graham, Finally checked out your site. Looks marvellous. May see you over the weekend. Ian

Name: Marek Krukowski
Friday, June 12, 1998 11:32 AM

I have listened to a lot of Richard Strauss operas, but now I think it will be good idea to meet once again with Captain Beefheart’s LPs. Just now.

Name: Jay
Wednesday, June 10, 1998 12:42 PM

Beefheart rules

Name: Barry St. Vitus
Monday, June 08, 1998 10:48 PM

One of the best sites that I’ve yet encountered for just about anything or anybody! Very well done and complete. I’ve bookmarked it and will return! The Captain showed me how to eat with chopsticks back in 1969 when I saw him play in Cincy, OH. Amazing show.

Name: Ann Jousiffe
Monday, June 08, 1998 2:30 PM

Great site. I have recently rediscovered the joys of Beefheart. I first heard him play in London at the Albert Hall in, I guess, 1974. It was the best live gig I ever remember being at. Sublime stuff.

Name: S L A M B U C K R A
Sunday, June 07, 1998 12:07 PM

Darling worship tissue… giveth me scatter gun goose pimple and full body flush on a lawnchair in the fog…buttitz not healthy to scurry after n’gargle on someones skindust. Don wouldly concur. Make yer own milk and whistles.

Name: Kevin Hodge
Saturday, June 06, 1998 2:14 PM

This is a great web site for a truly amazing guy. I certainly hope everything’s going well for him.

Name: Voot Zombo
Saturday, June 06, 1998 1:32 AM

All winged eels slither ‘long the heels of today’s children.

Name: John Lee
Tuesday, June 02, 1998 4:01 PM

What would make my life complete? To be Don van Vliet for a day. Once I heard Electricity and Lick My Decals Off, I knew this was something special. That was back in the 60/70’s, I saw him live twice in Manchester, a true genius andalways my hero. GOD DIDN’T THINK TO ASK MY PREFERENCE

Name: mark vevers
Tuesday, June 02, 1998 4:39 AM

yub yub teacher

Name: Antonio Siber
Friday, May 29, 1998 9:22 AM

We need new ways. We need new ways.

Name: christy coobat
Friday, May 29, 1998 1:18 AM

the ingestion of beefheart is vegetarian. what is a beefheart? the eternal ponderance, while still a major life source for many milk producing flesh tearers, beefheart is not just menudo, it sends vital fluids to the extremities. its been bred, led and fed and now its between two slices of bread called your ears.

Name: Graham J. Halliday
Wednesday, May 27, 1998 2:22 AM

I think this site is informative, interesting, cool + of course, FAST & BULBOUS! I am a Beefheart/Zappa/Sonic fan & do a zine here called Chunky Yet Funky @ 82 Catherine Street, Leichhardt, NSW 2040 Aust. My name is Graham by the way. Contribute to the zine if you wish & I’ll send some copies… I just noticed that a line from ‘Ashtray Heart’ relates to that Christopher Reeve thing, turns supermen to invalids. Bye.

Name: jonny duckbutter
Tuesday, May 26, 1998 6:39 PM

his luv stiks out like STAHZ!

Name: Han Uil
Tuesday, May 26, 1998 2:32 PM

EeeeLECTRICITY gives me the chills…DIRTY BLUE GENE thrills…THE CAPTAIN kills!!! (erm, in a positive way…or something)

Name: Paul L.
Thursday, May 21, 1998 2:03 PM

i think i listen ’cause maybe i got a beef in my heart too

Name: Larry Graves
Wednesday, May 20, 1998 7:11 AM

Captain Beefheart is cool! Excellent site. Probably my favourite recordings of his are, of course, Trout Mask Replica and Bongo Fury with Zappa. Please check out my site on Sparks, those crazy Mael brothers!

Name: Dirty BlEu Gene
Tuesday, May 19, 1998 6:31 AM

The black paper between a mirror breaks my heart that I can’t go….. …..Thank you very much Graham !

Name: Petr Ferenc
Tuesday, May 19, 1998 1:12 AM

Hello, thanks for a brilliant page. Keep Captain never be forgotten, there is just one person who can write songs like Glider or Moonlight on Vermont. Beeforever…

Name: David Tvalabeishvili
Sunday, May 17, 1998 3:09 AM

Thanks for the great website from Beefheart fans of Georgia.

Name: jason henn
Saturday, May 16, 1998 6:00 PM

this is one of the finer site’s i’ve seen devoted to any person or subject. thanks especially for the attention paid to Vliet’s paintings.

Name: Steve Roche
Saturday, May 16, 1998 8:53 AM

This website is just too cool: good design & good substance!!

Name: Bryan Voell
Friday, May 15, 1998 7:14 AM

What a fine site, Graham. Thanks for taking such time with it.

Name: Jeff Collins
Monday, May 11, 1998 11:18 AM

Don is a man of true genius and if i could find a singer who could do even half of what he does i’d be in nirvana. If anyone wants to hear incredibly strange guitars…write.

Name: ron androla
Monday, May 11, 1998 5:55 AM

TROPICAL HOTDOG NIGHT!! YES!!

Name: ernie hernandez
Saturday, May 09, 1998 5:05 PM

truley intricate! a must know site for any beefheart fan.

Name: Michael Dec
Thursday, May 07, 1998 8:28 AM

Beefheart fan here, since 1969. Can’t be enough pages devoted to this man, his work, and the musicians who worked with him. Good job.

Name: David Breuer
Thursday, May 07, 1998 3:49 AM

Thought I’d say hello. I’m the nut that put on the exhibition in England and eventually managed to get the documentary shown on TV

Name: W.W. ROSE
Monday, May 04, 1998 2:28 PM

The Captain is one of my heroes. Anyone who listens to Clear Spot or Shiny Beast has to know he’s a genius. love ya buddy!

Name: sick fox
Saturday, May 02, 1998 2:47 PM

hello moon hello moon

Name: Daniel Spreier
Saturday, May 02, 1998 6:12 AM

I’m a great Captain Beefheart fan. And you got a great web-site. The captain is the greatest.

Name: Steve Froy
Friday, May 01, 1998 2:58 AM

His excited eyes watered in anticipation at this thoughtful preparation…

Name: Ben McAllister
Wednesday, April 29, 1998 4:43 PM

This music is so inspiring — Thanks Don. Completely expands my sound-world. Guitarists/composers email me!

Name: Janne Laakso
Wednesday, April 29, 1998 3:58 AM

When I first heard CB I thought it was bullshit… but nowadays I can´t live without it!

Name: Mario Lacasse
Tuesday, April 28, 1998 2:38 PM

Thank you Don for the joy you’re bringing me in listening to your poetry and music.

Name: Bill Strahan
Tuesday, April 28, 1998 10:50 AM

Best site yet!

Name: Jason Rodgers
Monday, April 27, 1998 8:13 PM

Feel the soul of Beefheart. On a platter like a beefheart. Has no fear of what you think. He is True in a world of lies

Name: Steve Hall
Monday, April 27, 1998 2:46 PM

My first exposure to the Cap was listening to Clear Spot which I still think is the most brilliant musical poetry I have ever heard.