The Meridian Arts Ensemble is a classical brass quintet from the US (sort of Kronos Quartet for brass music).
Channel Records CCS 8195 © 1995 (CD).
01. Fanfare for a New Theatre
02. Peaches En Regalia
03. Let’s Make the Water Turn Black
04. Oh No
05. Igor’s Boogie
06. Eat That Question
07. Echidna’s Arf Kenny Wheeler
08. Song for Someone
09. Ice Rose
10. A Carrot Is as Close as a Rabbit Gets to a Diamond
11. When I See Mommy, I Feel Like a Mummy
13. Dropout Boogie
14. Suction Prints
15. Fanfare for All
16. Song for a Dead King
17. Pandora’s Magic Castle
18. Jessica Frank London: Shvitz Suite
19. Bucket Cue
20. Freaky Guitar Freylekhs
21. V’erastikh Li
22. Full Moon, Ancient Waters
23. Psycho-Klezmer (from the repertoire of Naftulie Brandwell)
On the album:
- Jon Nelson: trumpet
- Benjamin Herrington: trombone
- Daniel Grabois: horn
- Kevin Cobb: trumpet
- Raymond G. Steward: tuba
- John Ferrari: percussion
Performing now (correct as of October 2002):
- Jon Nelson, Brian Mcwhorter – trumpets
- Dan Grabois – horn
- Benjamin Herrington – trombone
- Raymond Stewart – tuba
- John Ferrari – percussion
Their website is here – www.meridianartsensemble.com.
They regularly perform Suction Prints and A Carrot Is as Close as a Rabbit Gets to a Diamond as part of their live concert, although they have no plans at the moment to record any more Beefheart tunes.
Many thanks to Martin Brosch and Brian Mcwhorter for providing this information.
Help us out
If anyone is able to complete or update any of the information above, then please do get in touch.