Name: Alexander Zatsch
Friday, December 30, 2005 6:23 PM

For the first time I heard about Captain Beefheart in 1970. A friend showed me the album “Mirror Man”. I never heard such a stuff before – and after. My favourite is “Tarotplane”. This is one of my favourite songs.

Name: Lupus
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:28 AM

An old fan. Just discovered this site: Wonderful!!

Name: mike
Friday, December 23, 2005 1:36 PM

hi. Nice Site. Greetings from Germany.

Name: Tom Hartley
Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:51 PM

Hi Don loads of love Tom

Name: Rooster Kiev
Monday, December 12, 2005 1:20 AM

It don’t get any better than TMR

Name: Bob Burwell
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:13 PM

I’ve been a Beefheart fan since 1967 when I heard Safe as Milk. Very pleased to see your site and will keep you in my bookmarks. All the Best. Bob

Name: MONTE WOODY
Monday, November 14, 2005 11:48 PM

much influence on me in many ways. in conversation after an 80’s zappa with c.b. show, he was most interested in the behavior of the catfish on the bottom of the kanawha river sliding by just outside the arena. taught me something about fishing for ideas.

Name: ytboyblue
Friday, November 11, 2005 4:49 AM

Who played the lead picking style guitar on big eyed beans? Its way cool.

Name: jim
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:20 AM

back of the singabus

Name: Terra Pinje
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:24 PM

I spoke with Captain Beefheart after his concert at The Guthrie Theater with opening act by Ry Cooder’s band, Trout Mask Replica era. He was in a happy mood, standing on the stage talking to those of us who came to chat. I asked if Frank Zappa was “the man who starved him” (a line from an interview which had just appeared in, I think, Rolling Stone). He said, “Yup.” He also said the P.A. was not very good, although I had not at all been upset with the mix from where I sat in the audience. I remember telling him that the concert was great. Fast forward to 1973 in England, at Oxford Polytechnic. A bluesier and really fun concert, where he had Rockette Morton give him “a ride” across stage. Prior to the show I had been roundly criticized by a local in the audience because I praised Zappa’s production job on Trout Mask Replica. My antagonist thought it was abysmal production. Finally, I was at a concert post- Doc at the Radar Station in Minneapolis (Nibs?) where some jerk yelled “Beefheart, you’ re a has-been.” Don stopped the tune midway and yelled out “Who said that, WHO SAID THAT?” He glared straight at ME, and I tried to indicate it was not I who had said it. He defended himself and the concert proceeded. A most sad occurence, later written about in a song by a local band. Thanks for your site.

Name: Lottie
Monday, October 24, 2005 3:00 AM

Thank you so very much for your music, Captain Beefheart! I bought “Trout Mask Replica” very long ago.. It’s still one of my favorite albums.. Oh Captian, my Captain.. Send my regards to Jan

Name: Ben Schofield
Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:52 PM

The music of Captain Beefheart means so much to me!! When I first heard Trout Mask Replica I felt so alive!!I’m not sure how people can not like Beefheart, one of the most talented bands ever!!

Name: BILLY MILLIONS
Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:49 AM

tell don im ready to do the next phase of trout mask ive broke the secret code that the knocked up nuns had on it

Name: Kurt Nighswander
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:54 PM

To the Beefheart affeciandos…safe as milk in your papa’s drawer….keep the excellent work on this website up…digit. Hail Argon, Free Freon

Name: Mike
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:13 PM

Great Site

Name: Tom
Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:33 AM

nice site

Name: Gene
Friday, September 09, 2005 12:45 AM

I am happy to see continued interest in the Captain. He is a genius. I am very lucky to have a poster autographed by Don Van Vliet and the entire Magic Band from 1980. It is one of my most prized possesions. Great Web Site. Thank You.

Name: Rick Carpenter
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:36 PM

The Captain is a nut, but a brilliant, shining nut!

Name: Gerard van Reenen
Saturday, September 03, 2005 6:27 PM

Beefheart Zappa are the best

Name: Ben Tyreman
Sunday, August 28, 2005 11:59 PM

Hello just wanna say I am a musician from england and I have been massivley influenced by captain beefhearts music, love his clarinet playing, he’s a natural virtuoso. It’s a shame he ever gave up recording music, hope he’s well! The world needs more unique music, live long and prosper mr beefheart. I’d love to hear him sing one last time.

Name: keith birch
Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:46 AM

Great site, with a mass of information and many mysteries solved: especially Bermann.

Name: BobbY White
Monday, August 22, 2005 12:07 AM

Excellent music! Just found out that you played this good original music and the thing you said about selling your music, that was indeed nice. Well I believe one day that we actually gonna live in a world like that, what I meent with that was that we are all going to live in a world filled with joy, happiness and Love.

Name: 5-track
Saturday, August 20, 2005 4:22 AM

Hoo-rawww!

Name: Jennifer Brown
Saturday, August 06, 2005 11:39 AM

I am first and a foremost a Sparks fan. Much like Sparks, Captain Beefhearts’ output is idiosyncratic, diverse and seems to defy classification. Beefheart has a loyal, devoted cult following – again just like Sparks. Ron & Russell Mael of Sparks rule, but Dan Van Vliet has a big place in my heart too.

Name: Pat
Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:02 PM

Been a fan for years – took 15year old guitar playing son to see The Magic Band at Stoke last Sunday. AWESOME ! Son totally amazed, even more so after brief chat with John “Drumbo” French. An absolute gentleman and killer drummer who’s lovely attitude to the music and the fans has won my son over.

Name: Dennis R. Ling
Saturday, June 18, 2005 8:35 PM

This is for Don, “Don, It’s been a long time my friend. Hope all is well with you. Go to this site and check it out www.theantelopes.com. If you would like an invite to the site let em know and I will send you one, just need your email address.

Name: mike brume
Friday, June 17, 2005 10:56 PM

the bbc docu… on beefheart is the greates hour i ever seen . seek it out i can burn it fot you

Name: Reverend Galen
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:54 PM

I saw Captain Beefheart perform at Bowling Green University in Ohio in..maybe…1972. They were a warmup band for Jethro Tull during Tull’s Thick As A Brick tour and Tull was boring and dull in comparison. I’ve never forgotten that performance and I still have Beefheart’s old Vinyl LPs for keepsakes. Blessed Be!

Name: Ragnr
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:13 PM

First time at this site. Well done. Also want to brag that I have a poster of the Captain and M.B. from 1980 AUTOGRAPHED BY ALL !!!!!

Name: richard furzer
Monday, June 13, 2005 12:50 AM

sweeping & sweeping

Name: moodi
Tuesday, June 07, 2005 11:19 AM

Just seen Magic Band here – what a treat! Respectful acknowledgements to the Captain, John Peel et al were made. The gig was timeless, thanks for waking up this small English town for a night boys.

Name: Bole
Saturday, May 28, 2005 10:31 AM

The Magic Band in Stourbridge on Tuesday evening was amazing, well it was once the sound engineer got the vocal loud enough but the drums were too loud all night….what is it with sound engineers…listen to the music.

Name: Mads Kristian Juul Schmidt
Thursday, May 19, 2005 9:29 PM

Hey dudes and dudesses. I´m just writing to say that Trout Mask Replica, in my mind is one of the best albums of all time. There is no greater rock ´n´ roll than Moonlight On Vermont.

Name: Benbenek
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:59 AM

I met Beefheart at a press conference for “Ice Cream for Crow”…at Warner Bros Records, LA – he signed a baseball for me and let me use his small tape recorder (mine was squeeking) Most of the question and answer business was conducted in darkness…he’s a good fella I used to have the cassettes from that afternoon, but lost them

Name: bernd
Friday, April 08, 2005 5:34 PM

wow…great site for greater artist !!!

Name: junko hanhero
Monday, April 04, 2005 11:25 AM

Great site. I like your music, and my son too, particularly Safe As Milk. It makes him laugh and dance (he’s 3 years old).. Thank you.

Name: Lee Lagerwal 2005 (march 2002 onwards)
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:46 AM

“LICK MY DECALLS OFF BABY!” where are we? who are we? where is he? where is that bastard?

Name: Dekker Avesque
Monday, March 07, 2005 11:42 PM

Well… I just heard Beefheart for the first time today… I heard Tropical Hotdog Night… And you know what? It blew my fuckin’ mind. Awesome stuff, and I plan on looking more into this music.

Name: Wyld Dave
Monday, March 07, 2005 2:47 AM

Poetry and blues!

Name: Zane Holton
Saturday, February 26, 2005 5:58 AM

I’m overdue here. Magnetic man earned his wings about 22 years ago.

Name: Eric
Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:01 PM

So I’m playing Trout Mask, and my five-year-old puts hands over both ears, saying “dad, turn that off! It sounds like a spider started singing!”

Name: Leif Åhman
Tuesday, January 04, 2005 7:51 PM

I love your album “Safe As Milk” since many, many years!